August 15, 2008

Blueberry Pie




I'm Emily, and my blog is about trying new recipes and being creative in the kitchen! Hopefully, I can show people that food doesn't have to be made expensively to taste good, and that sometimes the simpler recipes are the better ones.
Yesterday was one of the few times I didn't have school, an overwhelming amount of work, or anything to do. At all. So you see, this decision had to be made extremely carefully. Nothing too sweet that would leave me feeling [very] guilty for hours to come, and nothing too savory to the point where I would find myself poking around the fridge at 11 o'clock looking for something sweeter. I eventually concluded that blueberry pie was the winner. 
After anxiously waiting hours for it to cool off in the fridge (and a restless attempt in the freezer), it was, at last, ready. I ended up scooping some of the juice out because it had overflowed. But boy was it good. 

 

No comments: